Finding a team of reliable and effective service technicians can be the difference between printers that are offline for days or having a fleet of dependable, well-tuned machines. If you are unhappy with the current level of service that you are receiving, it may be time to move on to another provider. When evaluating your techs, there are certain signs that are good indicators of their trustworthiness and dependability. Take a look at the signs below and see how your team of service technicians measures up!
Look for These Signs When Evaluating Your Service Technicians
- Reliability – Does your tech show up when scheduled and have the necessary tools to get the job done? If your tech requires multiple visits to the office to fix a straightforward problem, you can do better.
- Respectfulness – Your office environment requires a certain level of professionalism for staff and vendors alike. A trustworthy tech will be courteous and thoughtful while performing the task at hand. Good service techs don’t take personal calls while on the job and are not disruptive to the work going on around them.
- Well-trained – When determining the right tech for the job, ensure that they have the requisite factory training. Your tech should be well-trained on the specific equipment on which they are working. Request to see their certifications and confirm that they have the up-to-date factory training specific to your machinery.
- A sense of urgency – When your printing equipment goes down, there is a negative effect on your workflow. A good service technician will understand the importance of returning your printer to full working order as soon as possible.
- Forward-thinking – During maintenance calls, a trustworthy technician will inform you of possible faults in your fleet and make recommendations for possible solutions before the printer fails.
Working with a dedicated team of fully-trained service technicians is the best option for you and the upkeep of your print fleet. If your tech is not providing service at the necessary level to meet your requirements, it may be time to begin the search for a replacement. Proper printing maintenance is pivotal in keeping your business online and running smoothly, and a partnership with a reliable technician makes that happen.